Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking
Mount Batur is the second-largest active volcano in Bali after Mount Agung, and Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking is one of the most popular things to do on the island. Standing at 1717 meters tall, due to Mount Agung’s consistent eruptions, it is the highest Volcano hike accessible to the public.
There is no need to worry, however, as trekking Mount Batur is monitored daily by seismologists and the last eruption was in the year 2000.
The total distance for trekking Mount Batur is a maximum of 9km there and back, depending on which trail you take. There is a harder route and an easier route. Your tour guide is likely to give you the option on the day.
Hundreds of tourists head up to Mount Batur for sunrise to catch the incredible 360-degree landscape from the top.
With views looking out to Mount Abang it will be a breathtaking experience that you’ll remember for a lifetime. There have recently been a few tours operating a sunset trek! Which although are less popular, can be incredible if the clouds clear.
- Watch the sunrise from above the clouds at Mount Batur’s summit
- Get unrivaled panoramic views over Bali, the ocean and volcanic landscapes in nearby Lombok island
- Explore the natural landscape on a private trek with a local expert guide from the area
- Enjoy perks such as included breakfast, tea, coffee and accommodation transfers
- Visit a local coffee plantation and try the famed Luwak coffee
- Pick up and drop off from this location: Ubud, Sanur, Seminyak, Kuta, Legian, Kintamani, Sanur, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran
- All entry fees
- Private trek
- Expert trekking guide
- Beverage (tea, coffee, mineral water)
- Trekking pole
Not suitable for:
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- People with heart problems
- Wheelchair users
What to bring
- Hiking shoes
- Come ready for steep inclines and a vigorous hike. Moderate fitness levels are recommended.
- The minimum suggested participation age is 18 years. Children may join the hike if they have a strong level of fitness.
- Pickup takes place 1 hour-1.5 hour before the starting time, subject to confirmation by the local partner
- Breakfast consists of bread, a boiled egg, biscuits, fruit, and a steamed banana. If you have any dietary requirements, please mention them in the booking process.